The main feature of the 1500 calorie american diabetic diet is eating a healthy balanced diet. It is a diabetic controlled diet, which manages a balance of carbohydrates, fat and proteins and contains no more than 1500 calories. In this diet it is suggested diabetics break their regular meals into 4 to 6 small meals throughout the day. In this diet the calories are provided by proteins, carbohydrates, fats and alcohol.
Carbohydrate and protein have 4 calories per gram while fat has 9 calories and alcohol 7 calories. Controlling your daily calorie intake is the basic principal behind a 1500 calorie american diabetic diet. The said 1500 calorie diet is designed around consuming no more than these many calories per day. In the blood stream the sugar levels are controlled by the opportunity rendered by the benefits of these diabetic diets, and this, in turn provides better control over weight and reduces heart complaints.
When starting these diabetic diet plans, the major factor is to ensure that you are taking a complete and balanced diet that will culminate in your recommended daily nutritional intake. Carbohydrate is the key to this calorie controlled diabetic diet. The main source of glucose or sugar is carbohydrates, which is also your body’s main source of energy.
The diet also controls your intake of protein, and fat along with carbohydrates.
Some of the features of 1500 calorie american diabetic diet are
* Intake of starchy products such as starchy vegetables, bread, and cereals is increased. Taking of 6 servings of the said food type is advised.
* Fruits and vegetables are to be consumed daily this helps in maintaining your sugar levels and also provides the nutrients you need. Snacking on fruits is recommended in this diet.
* Reduction in intake of sweets. It is suggested to practice the consumption of sweets in limited amounts, although they are not totally eliminated from your diet.
* Intake of soluble fibers is encouraged. These can be derived from certain vegetables such as, carrots, beans, legumes and fruits. In your intestines the process of glucose absorption is slowed down by these nutrients.
* It is also recommended to quit smoking and reduce your alcohol intake to avoid blood flow problems and to eliminate the possibility of developing certain heart diseases.
* The diet takes care of health risks such as severe hypoglycemia or increased risk for heart disease.
* It meets the American Diabetes Association’s sodium recommendation.
* It follows the American Diabetes Association’s guidelines for dietary fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
* The diet plan envisages diabetic menus, recipes, grocery lists, and nutrition facts. The menus are easy to follow and include breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
The grocery list makes shopping simpler by including everything needed by you for a week’s menu. On the menu, complete nutrition facts are displayed for every meal. Every week new menus are displayed. Also included are the menus for holidays and all the four seasons.
* It includes a beginner’s exercise program, and furnishes a “chart” tracking A1c, blood sugar, BMI and more.
The 1500 calorie american diabetic diet uses several methods to reach your 1500-calorie goal. The two common methods used are diabetic exchange system and carbohydrate (“carb”) counting. This diet is very helpful in regulating blood sugar and also for regulating weight.
An Excellent Healthy Drink for Diabetics!
Did you know that flavored carbonated water has no calories, sugar, body, sweetener, color or preservatives?
The taste is fantastic, extremely refreshing and gives diabetics a great drink without any carbohydrates. A large
and affordable assortment of flavored carbonated water concentrate is available for free delivery world wide from