There are millions of children battling diabetes around the globe. Signs of diabetes in children are often neglected that later makes treating it problematic. Early detection of signs of diabetes in children can save you from lot of problems. Diabetes, a challenging disease, requires constant treatment and monitoring. Any unusual behavior in your child should be investigated. Children are affected with both type I and type II diabetes. Type I is more or less hereditary, type II is generally due to defective lifestyle. Traditional nutritional diet is being replaced by junk food thus making most kids and teens vulnerable to this dreaded diabetes.
Here are a few signs of diabetes in children that should set the alarm bells ringing.
* Frequent complaints of fatigue, urination, and thirst are signs that you should not ignore in your child. If your child easily gets tired and drinks more water than normal, it is best to take him or her for a check up. An early detection of diabetes will help your child deal with it effectively.
* Some specific symptoms are weight loss, stomach aches, and head aches.
* If you observe your child falling ill frequently, it’s time you get your bundle of joy examined for diabetes.
* Excessive hunger and thirst are the signs of diabetes that are often ignored by parents. Parents assume that feeling thirsty and hungry is a part of growing up.
* Despite excessive hunger if you find your child is not putting on weight it’s time you visited the doctor and got your child examined. Sudden weight loss in your child should not be ignored too. Visit a nearby clinic and get a diabetes test done.
* Many children exhibit behavioral changes. They get irritated for no reason or just want to be left alone. A sudden behavioral change is also a warning sign and parents need to be alert and not assume it be part of growing up.
The above mentioned signs are pretty common amongst children affected with diabetes. Ignorance may cost you dear and jeopardize your child’s health. According to child specialists parents need to get their children physically checked every six months. This way you can detect health problems before they assume dangerous proportions and can be dealt with immediately.
If your child has a history of not following a nutritional diet and an exercise regimen the chances of him/her getting affected with diabetes go up dramatically. Please do not be under the impression that if there is no family history of diabetes then your child will never get it. Studies have conclusively shown that most kids diagnosed with diabetes have no family history of the same.
The fact of the matter is that in today’s fast paced world our kids are not safe. Do not ignore the warning signs of diabetes, but take them seriously to give your child a healthy life.
An Excellent Healthy Drink for Diabetics!
Did you know that flavored carbonated water has no calories, sugar, body, sweetener, color or preservatives?
The taste is fantastic, extremely refreshing and gives diabetics a great drink without any carbohydrates. A large
and affordable assortment of flavored carbonated water concentrate is available for free delivery world wide from